8. The stone building

Photograph: Darko Bavoljak

The stone building is the first stone building erected on Goli Otok. It was built in 1949 by inmates, to house the camp administration and interrogators. In 1950 this was moved to a newer and larger (see point 2), and the stone building was used for the guards’ accom­modation. Later on, the building frequently changed its function.