Ships carrying not only inmates, but also various materials, largely set off from the Bakar port, arriving at the Goli Otok Quay, built during the construction of the camp in 1949. Various outbuildings and the accompanying infrastructure of a small harbour were soon also built, as well as a small dry dock for repairs.
The Quay is ill-remembered by inmates for the cordon they had to run between two lines of inmates that stretched far, as the lines sometimes consisted of more than a thousand people who punched and kicked the passing newcomers. According to records numerous arriving inmates died, failing to make it through the cordon.
Image source: Archive of the Goli Otok “Ante Zemljar” association, author unknown